PhD student at the University of Trento
- 2016 - present : PhD student, Remote Sensing Laboratory, University of Trento (Italy). Project : "Definition, design, implementation and validation of acquisition strategies and data analysis methodologies for the Radar for Icy Moon Exploration (RIME) in the framework of the JUpiter ICy moon Explorer (JUICE)".
- 2014 - 2016 : Master's Degree in Physics, Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium). Thesis title : "Investigation the impact of beta stabilisation in JET hybrid plasmas through non-linear gyrokinetic simulations".
- 2010 - 2013 : Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium).
- Mar - Apr 2015 : Introduction to Space Systems Engineering, 3-day intensive course for European Space Agency (ESA) Young Graduate Trainees on introductory aspects of space engineering at ESTEC (Noordwijk, the Nertherlands).
European Space Agency (ESA)
- Feb - Apr 2015 : Research internship at the Advanced Concepts Team, ESA/ESTEC (Noordwijk, the Nertherlands)
- Duration : 3 months, 40h/week.
- Project's outcome : Discovery of analytical solutions to the problem of positioning with a fully-relativistic global navigation satellite system.
Publications and talks
- C. Gerekos, A. Hees, C. Le Poncin-Lafitte, A. Heffernan, “High order expansion of the time transfer function” (in preparation).
- C. Gerekos, A. Heffernan, “The time transfer and Synge world functions in relativistic global navigation satellite systems”, (in preparation).
- C. Gerekos, “The time transfer function in RPS”, poster contribution for the 593rd WE-Heraeus Seminar on Autonomous Spacecraft Navigation, June 2015, Bad Honnef, Germany.
- C. Gerekos, “The time transfer and Synge world functions in relativistic global navigation satellite systems”, talk for the Relativistic Geodesy 2016 conference, March 2016, Bad Honnef, Germany.
Computer science knowledge
- Operating systems : I am familiar with both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Programming languages : Mathematica, Matlab, fair knowledge of FORTRAN 90/95 and C++, notions of IDL.
- Publishing : Latex, HTML/CSS.
- Others : DesignSpark PCB, Arduino (C++), notions of ANSYS.